Serious about Design?
Are you driven by a sense of possibility and a passion for developing spaces that nurture and inspire creativity? If so we want to hear from you! At +tongtong every project aims to transform physical space into a dynamic discovery that is both functional and rich with cultural significance. Interested in being part of an award winning studio? Apply today! Our Team Directors are looking for innovative and talented intermediate designer. If you’re looking to work in a collaborative approach in the development and realization of projects that champion their clients, here’s your chance! Send us our portfolio and resume today; email@example.com
Intermediate Interior Designer
+tongtong is a Toronto-based award-winning and internationally published design firm. We design hotels, restaurants, custom homes, retail stores and offices. We are seeking an Intermediate Designer to join our team of multi-talented people. +tongtong is a studio striving for an effective interdependent and collaborative culture, that exists to create original experiences for their clients by designing and building original cutting-edge spaces, furniture and objects. Successful candidates should demonstrate their technical abilities through their outstanding portfolio that showcases a range of projects, and have experience executing drawings quickly and efficiently with minimal direction on a set timetable.
MUST BE A CANADIAN CITIZEN, PERMANENT RESIDENT OR LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN CANADA
IMMEDIATE START DATE
- Work closely with team members to set the project goals/direction, while executing most phases of a project with some management
- Mentor more junior staff members
- Participate in meetings and presentations with client
- Research information relating to project concepts
- Produce sketches, renderings, samples for team/clients approvals
- Source FF&E with consideration to project vision/budget
- Co-ordinate with the project team and consultants to resolve design issues, questions or concerns
- Review shop drawings with the guidance of more senior team members
- Responsible to develop design content and solutions to form a cohesive package to guide the technical team
- Oversee all details of the project with the supervision of the Design Team Lead and/or Senior Designers
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Strong knowledge of the design process including FF&E, specifications and finishes selection
- Capable to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to communicate design ideas effectively and pays attention to detail
- Ability to multitask multiple projects in various stages of development
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Exceptional graphic presentation skills
- Dependable, collaborative, self-directed, flexible, resourceful and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- 4+ years of experience in creative, high-quality interior design with a focus in the hospitality, retail and residential sectors
- Have an industry recognized Diploma or Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field
- Strong ability in AutoCAD, Google Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Additional 3D software skills are an asset
Please submit your resume, along with your portfolio, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Intermediate Designer”. We thank you for your application. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.